This post isn’t so much about food. It is the retelling of the adventure that brought me to my newest, food-intensive home on a farm in Cobble Hill on Vancouver Island, in British Columbia. It’s been a while since I have written. I’ve been busy. I’ll refrain from apologizing, but I assure you there are many food-related posts to come as I explore a new region, new skills, and a novel existence on the farm. Stay tuned!
- No Alligator Fritters in the Everglades??!!
- Road Trip Christmas
- It’s tea time for the Cowichan Valley
- Large Black Pigs ~ Why heritage breeds matter.
- The Art of Collecting Eggs
- Cross-Continental Road Trip! With mushrooms, of course.
- Wolfville Farmer’s Market – One Brick at a Time
- Greenwich, Nova Scotia Rezoning and the Future of Farmland in the Annapolis Valley
- Market Central, and What’s Glaringly Wrong with the World.
- Our five minutes of fame… god help us.
- The Gift that Keeps on Quacking
- Agriculture akiwenzie B12 baguette bicycle boiled milk British Columbia butchering cafe cafes cake canning cheese chicken chicken marbella Chinese chocolate Cocoa Camino coffee coffee art cooking cycling dinner party fair trade farm farmers market farming fish food food brokerage food marketing Food Politics food prep food system free range frosting fundraising gardening gnocchi kombucha lamb latte lemons local food love marmalade meat miso mushroom nova scotia nutrition Ontario oranges organic pigs pork Portland product Provenance Regional Cuisine recipe restaurant restaurant review road trip rutabaga spinach splake stinky cheese Sunday Dinner Toronto travel valentine's day Vancouver Island wedding wine wolfville
Share this Blog
- 19,726 hits